Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My artist







My Artist is Alberto Giacommeti who was born in Stampa Switzerland in 1901.Alberto attended the School of Fine Arts in Geneva. In 1922 he moved to Paris to study sculpting. It was there that Giacometti experimented with cubism and surrealism and came to be regarded as one of the leading surrealist sculptors. Among his associates were Joan MirĂ³, Max Ernst, Pablo Picasso and Balthus. I firts saw his work while in an art class at my old school. At first I thought that he had ruined all his hard work by scribbling all over it but when you look deeper it means something it shows all the detail and gives you insight into what the person was feeling. I have posted some pictures of his work for you to appreciate (or not) but I really like this type of art, Although most of his wonderfulworks are quite depressing

1 comment: